Last modified: 11/01/20
Kiti Sàrl (“Kiti” or “We”) is 100% committed to protecting the privacy, security and wishes of its online visitors at all times.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website with the domain name Kitibook.com/us, including any subdomain thereof (collectively, our “Site“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this
- [Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this ]
- [When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this ]
- [ANY OTHER SOURCES]
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by
Kiti or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any
application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Site]
– The Principle –
The good stuff
We will only use your data to up your experience.
We’ll protect your data like it’s our own.
You decide what and how you hear from us.
Just the essentials
Your info won’t just hang about – if we don’t need it, we’ll delete it.
– Contacting us –
This website is owned by Kiti. You may contact us by email at: email@example.com
– Collecting Personal Data –
Kiti only collects and maintains personal information that is sent to them directly from an individual or a company.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, your postal address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, or your credit card information (“personal information“); and/or
About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
This information is obtained from direct mail, face to face, and from the following places on our Site:
- When ordering, in the cart steps,
- When registering to our newsletter, in the footer,
- When sending an email request for help, support or feedback,
- When requesting an email contact with our press department,
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through
How we use your data:
You do not have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience.
But that is your choice – and we respect that!
– Information Security and Quality –
Kiti intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures, including industry-standard encryption for transmission of credit card information, to help keep your information secure, accurate, current and complete.
Orders made on our www.Kitibook.com/us website are secure to the fullest extent possible. We use strong encryption through TLS (Transport Layer Security — formerly SSL or Secure Sockets Layer technology). TLS protects information as it is transferred through the Internet.
You can recognize secure web pages by checking for the secure symbol at the top left, in your browser bar. For most browsers, this symbol is either a lock or a key. When the lock symbol appears to be locked, the page is secure. When it appears to be unlocked, the page is insecure.
Website Traffic Information
When you arrive at or leave the Kiti website, we automatically receive the web address of the site that you came from or are going to. We also collect information on which pages you visit while you are on our site, the type of browser you use and the times you access our site. We use this information only to try to better understand our visitors’ preferences and improve our services.
– “Cookies” –
You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you do so, however, some areas of our site may not function properly.
– Sharing with Third Parties –
Kiti does not rent, exchange or sell the email addresses or credit card information of our visitors and buyers. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order to do that.
However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates,
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies,
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies and website hosts, who help us run our business,
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud,
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Kiti’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Kiti about our Site users is among the assets transferred,
- Companies approved by you, such as social media
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request,
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Sale [INSERT AS LINK TO THE WEBSITE’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE] and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes,
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kiti, our customers, or others.
Should Kiti engage third party vendors for purposes of solicitation, consulting services or online services quality improvements, the contracts with these third party vendors will include a strict confidentiality clause that prohibits use and disclosure of confidential information received or obtained during the performance of the agreements or in the course of providing such services, and carries damages, penalties and other injunctive remedies for a vendor’s violation of these confidentiality requirements.
– Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information –
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by [checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]]. You can also always opt-out by [logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile][,][ checking or unchecking the relevant boxes] [or by] sending us an email with your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS].]
- Promotional Offers from Kiti. If you do not wish to have your [email address/contact information] used by Kiti to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by [[checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form/registration form])/[OTHER OPT-OUT METHOD]] or at any other time by] [logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by] sending us an email stating your request to [EMAIL ADDRESS]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Kiti as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by [OPT-OUT METHOD]. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept all browser
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
– Email –
Kiti adheres to a strict anti-spam policy, making it easy for our newsletter subscribers to unsubscribe.
– Children’s Online Privacy Protection –
Please note that we try to ensure that all our activities are coordinated by an adult and therefore make every effort to send information to adults only. If you are aware that a child has provided his or her name or any other personal information about him or her to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the child’s name along with a supervising adult’s contact information.
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
– Links to Other Websites –
Kiti’s website may contain links to other sites. Kiti is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
– Accessing and Correcting Your Information –
[You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.]
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy for more information.
– Your California Privacy Rights –
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org [or write us at: [MAILING ADDRESS]].
– Changes to how we Protect Your Privacy –